Thursday, May 21, 2009


I sat in Luwum, Christine's small Danida home today completely vulnerable. Completely open to everything she was saying. I sit here in our home office completely vulnerable to all of you. Completely at ease with saying that I have made a lot of mistakes.
I see the SUUBI ladies how I want to see them. Ladies who have nothing but are God fearing, ladies who govern themselves and care for each other. To be honest I have had blinders over my eyes for months and months and today while I sat with my elbow on my knee and my chin in my hand they quickly slided away. It was if I were skipping stones off my back...I was no longer carrying their burdens. We are all the same. I saw the SUUBI ladies for who they all really were. Beautiful, selfish, kind, helpless, hopeful, strong-headed, joyful, and greedy. They're just like me.
I wish for everyone to see each other for who they truly are. children of God, sinners, and shining flowers. I ask that today you really look at each other, listen deeply, be honest, strong, and vulnerable. It's hard but it's worth it.

pray for us and know we are praying for you.
Also, if you don't understand any of this -- know that my heart is dancing today
and I will be just fine.


love, melissa

4 comments:

  1. i dreamed about you guys this morning... don't remember specifics... just that you were there. :)

    miss ya!

    lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankful for the building hope, waiting for the rushing flood to come!

    I have "followed" for a bit and new something was happening, this helps me pray!

    God bless you all! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful blog - so raw! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete